Luke Combs has had a lot of success over the past year but he’s not letting it go to his head.
In the past year Luke Combs has…
- Released his debut single Hurricane
- Had Hurricane go #1
- Had Hurricane become a Platinum single
- Released his debut album This One’s For You
- Opened for Brantley Gilbert on this Devil Don’t Sleep Tour
- Booked his first headlining tour that includes a sold-out show at The Blue Note
- Had his second single When It Rains It Pours become a top ten hit on it’s way to #1
- Earned his first CMA Awards nomination for New Artist of the Year
After all of that Luke Combs admits that he hasn’t let all of the success go to his head,
I’m a pretty regular guy, I like sitting at home, and watching TV, or going out hunting every once in a while when I’m not obviously out on the road doing the music thing. But I’ve always been just kind of your run of the mill guy, and I think there’s something to be said about that, because you know that’s what I think the core of the country music fan base is just your regular guy, or regular girl, and I think people love that. So I’m lucky to kind of, right now at least for this little snapshot in history, get to try and kind of represent those people you know.
To take home the CMA Award for New artist of the year, Luke Combs will have to beat out Lauren Alaina, Brett Young, Jon Pardi and Old Dominion. We’ll find out who takes home the award when the 51st Annual CMA Awards air on Wednesday, November 8 on ABC.
Luke expressed his appreciation for the nomination in a Facebook post…
You can catch Luke’s latest single When It Rains it Pours on 94.3 KAT Country but be sure to check out the music video below.