Join 94.3 KAT Country, the St. Louis Cardinals and the American Red Cross at the annual Jefferson City Cardinals Blood Drive on July 25 in Jefferson City to help save lives and honor teenager, Hudsen Lee.
- Hours are from 11:30 AM – 6:00 PM at the Capital Mall Community Room in Jefferson City.
- All presenting donors will receive a free commemorative St. Louis Cardinals Blood Drive T-shirt.
- The Jefferson City Cardinals Blood Drive is once again being held in honor of Hudsen Lee, a local teenager battling leukemia.
- Appointments can be made by calling 1-800-RED CROSS or visiting redcrossblood.org and entering sponsor code CARDS.
Eligible blood donors are urged to roll up a sleeve and help save lives.
- Blood donations are needed every day for patients with many serious medical conditions. Accident and burn victims, heart surgery patients, organ transplant patients, and those receiving treatment for leukemia, cancer or sickle cell disease may all need blood.
- During the summer months of June, July and August, on average, about two fewer donors schedule an appointment to give blood at each American Red Cross blood drive than what patients need.
The need for blood is constant. Every two seconds, someone in the U.S. needs blood.
- To donate you must be 17 years old (or 16 with a signed parental consent form), weigh at least 110 pounds and be in general good health.
- If you have questions about your eligibility to donate, you can visit redcrossblood.org or call 1-800-RED CROSS.
Hudsen, who just completed his sophomore year at Helias Catholic High School, is like many teenagers. He enjoys hunting, riding four wheelers, spending time with his friends, and fishing on the Helias fishing team. Sadly, Hudsen’s young life was interrupted when he was diagnosed with leukemia in March of 2013. In the finals days of completing his treatment, Hudsen is hopeful he can now help others. “I am honored to be a part of this blood drive, said Hudsen. “The Red Cross provided me with a lot of blood and platelets during my illness.”